Friday, February 21, 2014

Feel Good Opportunities that Disney has to offer

When looking for a company that I want to work for I am not only looking at salary, benefits, and paid time off. I want more from the business that I work from and spend the most time at. What I want from my future employer is for them to be able to give me the opportunities to help others and have ways for the company and its employees to volunteer or make a difference in someone else's life. The Walt Disney Company does this.

As I discovered this additional characteristic that Disney has to offer I have a larger drive to want to work for them someday. When I was researching what Disney has to offer I found the public affairs website which is where I discovered all the extra stuff that Disney is doing.  http://publicaffairs.disneyland.com/

One of the first thing that I discovered was the fact that Disneyland offered a two day event where they did a synopsis with nonprofits called "Discover Together" where they had building blocks to strengthen relationships that help children thrive. http://publicaffairs.disneyland.com/discover-together-symposium-offers-nonprofits-nationwide-building-blocks-to-strengthen-relationships-that-help-kids-thrive/ This article on the public affairs website was very interesting and had a lot of great things to say about Disney and how they are helping others. I am always looking at what the company offers when looking for a job and working for Disney has more perks then I thought.

Disneyland also has a program called VoluntEARS where you can apply for the support from the characters or other Disney representatives. They mostly focus on opportunities involving families and children but they have also done a lot of work with blood drives, Toys-for-Tots, and Adopt a Family campaign. I love to participate in event planning and these events would satisfy my need and love to help people and plan events.

Another 'give back' opportunity that Walt Disney World is taking part in is sending different princess and Disney characters to schools to read to the children. Princess Belle read to a group of preschoolers in Osceola County. This is a great way for the employees to get out into the community and share their abilities and talents to the children that are looking up to them. http://wdwnews.com/releases/2014/02/17/princess-belle-reads-to-osceola-county-preschoolers/ This is part of the WEE Read Early Literacy and Math Program that was started by Wee Read. This is an awesome thing for Disney to get involved in and companies like Disney to show support for the community.

I found all of these opportunities very inspiring and something that is very important to me when looking for a career and when supporting different companies. This information makes me want to work for Disney more to be able to help others, use my skills and abilities, and love the life and career that I have.

This is all for today on the 'feel good' opportunities that Disney has to offer.

Disney: Where Dreams Come True

No comments:

Post a Comment