Friday, March 7, 2014

You received the job offer.. Now what?

We all are looking to fnd the perfect job with great benefits and a nice starting salary. Right after graduation the first offer way seem to be perfect but there are still some questions that you should ask before accepting what seems like the perfect opportunity. Here are some tips and questions from, US News and World Report, that students should ask before accepting any job to make sure it is what you expected and what you thought it would be.

1. Am I clear on my day to day tasks?
2. Do I know how my success will be judged and determined?
3. Will I be able to excel or advancement at this workplace?
4. Do I know what sort of culture I will be working in?
5. Do I know all of the details of the compensation package including salary, benefits, insurance and paid time off?
6. Do I know what type of manager I will be working for?
7. How does this job fit in my overall career path?

All of these questions are good to think about and ask yourself so you know you are accepting the job offer for the right reasons. If you are satisfied with all of the answers to these seven questions then accept the job and enjoy your time spent at the organization.

If you are not satisfied with any of the answers to these seven questions then you should possibly rethink that position or job offer. I think that everyone should be happy with the place that they work and do what they love, knowing the answers to these questions will only help when making sure that you are happy in your work.

Other things that I would add to the list of questions that you should ask before accepting a job offer is things including:
  • What is your work-life balance policy?
  • What is your policy on working from home?
  • What are the other opportunities while working in this town or community?
  • If you are moving to the job you could ask questions including:
    • What is the community like?
    • Does it have good schooling?
    • Are the neighborhoods safe?
I think that if all of these things are answered and you feel good about them then the job will be a good fit. There is always other questions that individuals will have so feel free to add to your own list and make sure that the job you accept is a great fit for you and your lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment